Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Anchors Away!




Hi Everyone!
Michelle here with my first post as a Sin City Stamps Design Team Member!
Yea!
I hope you will like my project!
I made "Anchors Away" using stamped images from:  the  "Nautical" plate  as well as images from Nautical 2.

 
The  Memories ink pad line:   Art print Brown, Regal Burgundy and India Ink.
Other items: scrapbook paper, cardstock, twine, sponges, scrap paper, gears stencil, precision scissors,  adhesive and foam tape.


First thing I did was to ink up the globe map stamp with the India Ink and stamp it first onto some scrap paper then onto my background paper. I did this repeatedly until I was happy with the faded vintage inspired image.






I crumpled the stamped paper into a ball, and squeezed it nice and tight.  Then I undid it and with a sponge and some Regal Burgundy ink, I lightly accented some of the crumpled ridges as well as the edges of the paper. This I smoothed out and adhered to the front of my card.







I hand tore a square of some scrapbook paper and placed a gears stencil on top. With the sponge and Art Print Brown  ink, I dabbed the open design on the stencil.


I stamped the anchor with India Ink and colored it in with a few Spectrum Noir pens. Next, I cut it out carefully with precision scissors.

I placed a bit of twine on a paper napkin and began to ink it gently with both Art print Brown and India Ink.



I also stamped the ship onto some leftover background paper and mounted it with foam tape.  I wrapped the twine around the card 3 times securing with tape at the back and attaching to the stamped background paper with more foam tape. Next, I cast the anchor into place and secured with another piece of foam tape.

Anchors away! I hope you have enjoyed my first creation with this amazing rubber stamp company. I'm excited to be here and look forward to seeing you again soon!