Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fly Free altered canvas by Astrid

Happy Wednesday everyone and lovely to see you here. Today I am sharing a little canvas with you, created for Sin City Stamps
Today will be the last time for a while that I will be featuring these two beautiful stamp sets:



I started with a little 6 x 6" canvas and covered it with random strips of paper
Next I painted it with two colours of acrylic paint, I used Distress Paints in Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire.

Then I knocked the colour back a bit by going over it with white acrylic paint mixed with Golden brand glazing liquid.
As you can see, I also added a bit more interest by painting some colour back through a couple of stencils, I used two of the new Tim Holtz tag stencils. I also did some background stamping with the journaling stamps and some white paint.


Now for the vocal image, - I created a background with Squeezed Lemonade, Salty Ocean and Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks and Stamped the largest of the Butterflies in Cobalt Blue Archival ink and then I cut it out.
Time to put it all together: I added a filigree piece and flower to the centre of the butterfly, die cut some letters (I used the new Spellbinders ones) to spell Fly Free. I then added some more background stamping with Cobalt Archival straight onto the canvas. I added a piece of butterfly trim and positioned it all on the canvas until I was happy with the composition.



The final touch was to add a bit of shading with a black charcoal pencil to make the letters pop a bit more.

Well, hope you like it, quick, easy and fun to do. Thank you for visiting and see you next time!