Monday, December 9, 2013

CLOCK CHIPBOARD BOOK

Sin City Stamps has several new products now!  In addition to their awesome stamps, they now carry stencils, masks, chipboard and die cuts!  

And I got to work with this gorgeous Wood Clock Book!! 

I only decorated the cover.  It includes a blank circle of wood for the back!!

SUPPLIES:




Gather your supplies.  To begin, use the Inka Gold Rub on the wood surface.


I rubbed the gold into the etched numerals and the clock hands.  Then, I applied several coats of white ink and let it dry.


The ink is water soluble and the rub is waxy so it resists the ink.  Using a waterbrush, or a wet wipe, start removing the ink from the numerals and the hands of the clock.  I also removed some of the ink from parts of the clock to give it that aged look I wanted.


How cool is that?  I love how the wood and the gold is revealed after the white ink is "washed" away!


Rubbing a bit of the brown ink over the clock will bring out more of the detail.


Embellish the front as you wish!  I added a pretty button, pine cones and leaves.

I hope you enjoyed this tutorial!  Please visit Sin City Stamps and see all the new items!!