Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Festive Glittery Christmas Tags

 This year, I am giving handmade gifts. I plan on making gifts in a jar, fresh basked cookies, jewelry and hand crafted cards. To top all these gifts, I'm adding handmade tags too!
 I love the simplicity of the silver glitter accenting the tags with the nostalgic color scheme and festive rosette.

 Here's how I made these:
For the tag, I stamped in red ink, Backgrounds stamp by Terri Sproul.
I punched a hole at the top corner before adding a line of glue to the edges and sprinkling with glitter.
The rosette strip was stamped in green ink using a decorative border stamp from Art Journaling with Terri Sproul. I then ran the strip though my Big Shot with a rosette thin die.  
I assembled the rosette and topped it off with a decorative stamped image of Steampunked Peppermint Gears in red.
I accented the rosette and center image with glitter, red/green glues and silver dew drops from The Robins Nest.
I attached a bit of red pom-pom trim to the bottom of each tag and looped some vintage satin ribbon through the top.
I attached the rosette to the tag with 2 layers of foam tape to give it some fun dimension.
With a  personal holiday greeting on the back, I now have the perfect tags to accent my hand made gifts!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous tags Michelle, they will make such colourful additions to any present, - lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous idea for your festive tags. Great additions to your gifts, and they will be from the heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!