Monday, June 9, 2014

Wrong Way

 
 I took this picture while strolling Santa Ana in the Art District one afternoon.  
I wanted to use my Urban Grunge stamps on a journal page 
and chose to use a photo I had taken myself as the main subject.  
I printed it on plain copy paper and glued it to my art journal page with Liquitex Matte Medium.

 I added paint on the opposite side of the page using colors that were in the photo, that way, when painting over my printed image, it blends through to look as if one painting.  I used both acrylic paints and Art Anthology paints.  I wanted the paint to be semi transparent in some places so the photo would show through.  Art Anthology Paints are transparent so this was the perfect tool.

 I collaged some Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap, 
some Washi tape and decorative hole reinforcers around the two-page spread.

 Then, I added another layer of paint unifying everything.
 I stamped the Do Not Enter stamp from the Urban Grunge Stamp Set 
with the White Daisy stamp from Close To My Heart.
It's a pigment ink so I added clear embossing powder over it to heat set the image.
I also used the Wrong Way stamp from the Urban Grunge Stamp Set.

 I used Art Anthology's black Stone Effects with The Crafter's Workshop stencil.  
I love how it's so gritty and thick.

Here is the full two-page spread.

I hope I have inspired you to create something today.
Until next time...