Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Butterfly Photo Box

Butterfly Box


I got this photo box at Michaels the other day 
and knew I wanted to make a special box for a friend.  
butter
This month we are partnered with Pan Pastels.

PanPastel Colors are professional artists’ quality soft pastel colors packed 
in a unique pan format (cake-like). 
The special qualities of PanPastel Colors mean that artists can blend 
and apply dry color like fluid paint for the first time.


Supplies:
purple and green

Stickles, pearls, flowers, lace, pink seam binding, 

hair clip with lace pearls.

Paper is Recollections.

Mod Podge

Perfect Pearls Mist

Gesso and honeycomb stencil


I tore up the patterned paper and some cardstock
I crumpled the cardstock and sprayed with Perfect Pearl Mist.
Then I  crumpled it again.



I mod podged the patterned paper on the top of the
box. I used some of the cardstock also.


I added part of the butterfly on a wire stencil.




I decided I wanted to add some colour to the butterflies.
I added some green pan pastel. then some Stickles.

I added green pan pastels to the small butterflies and
purple to the large one.. 



Here is the butterfly with purple pan pastels then
stickles.. It was originally orange.


I painted the whole bottom of the box with gesso.
I then added the stencil and painted over it again.




I added the pearls and the flowers and lace flower on the lid.



Thanks so much for stopping by.
Check out my blog at www.lauraleesdream.blogspot.com


Check out the store at http://www.sincitystamps.com/
and


Laura









4 comments:

  1. Very lovely box. Your friend will just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how special! You did such a gorgeous job Laura!!! Your friend's gonna love it! Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!