Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Day


Hi Chris here today sharing this layout featuring large stamps as a focal point on my layout.  
For this project I used:
Cardstock - Bazzill
Paper & die cuts - Crate paper
Paper Bow Template
Adhesives- Beacon Zip Dry, Scotch ATG
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Worn Lipstick
TIm Holtz Distress Tool
Vellum- WorldWin
Stickers - Heidi Swapp
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug
Brad
Punch-Martha Stewart
Stamps - Vintage Fashion- Sin City Stamps


I started by cutting 3 squares 3 inches x 3 inches.  I stamped images from the Vintage Fashion Collection.  I stamped the image a little off center to create some visual interest. As you can see I stamped a few extra images, but I only used 3 on this layout.


I cut a piece of patterned paper 6 1/4 x 11 and distressed the edges using the distressing tool.  I folded down the upper right corner and then attached the piece to a cardstock base.  I then cut a piece of cardstock to 5 1/2 x 10 1/4 inches.  I used a border punch to punch the left edge of the piece. 

I then cut a 1/2 strip of vellum and embossed it using an embossing folder.   To create the "continuous" embossing I cut a slit in the top of my embossing folder to allow the strip to slide through.  

I traced the bow template onto vellum and cut it out and then embossed the pieces before assembling the bow.  I embossed a larger piece of vellum to use as my photo mat.  Adhering vellum is tricky so I attached the vellum strip to the back of my cardstock.



I adhered my stamped imaged to the right of my cardstock and placed the cardstock on my patterned paper.  I added my vellum matted photo, tucking some journaling in behind the photo.  I added several coordinating die cuts to and my sticker title to balance out the page.

I hope the finished project inspires you to add stamps to your layouts.