Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Making a mold from your stamp


 Hi everyone, today I am sharing a card that I created by using my stamp, Anime Fairies Art Rubber Stamps  a little differently to create a sympathy card.


I first began my project by making a mold of the wings from the stamp set. I kneaded some Sculpey Clay until it was soft and spread it out on a piece of wax paper and then pressed the wings into the soften clay to get a nice deep impression. Remove the stamps, follow the directions on the clay's packaging for baking it and voilĂ , you have a mold to use. Next I followed the directions for making paper pulp casting to create the wings. I prefer to use paper casting as it is lightweight, which is important when mailing your card.

I used all handmade paper for this project which gives you lots of rich texture. 

Inking the raised designs on the wings to bring them out a little more.

My last step was to hand sew around the heart and then added all the layers together. I used my white Signo pen to add some faux stitching marks around the base of the card.

Thank you for stopping by, I hope you will look at your stamps a little differently and see the other ways you can use them. Stamps are a great investment and well worth their versatility!