Wednesday, April 15, 2015

The sacrifices I make!

Hi everyone, need a card made real fast? I needed one today so I turned to my Plate of Rubber Stamp set, Anime Fairies.

First thing I did was to print off this sentiment on my computer using the font Petunia Bounce 16pt. Next I dug into my stash and found a birthday cake rub-on by DCWV, making sure to lay my stamp alongside it so I would have plenty of room to stamp her.

After she was stamped onto the card, I gathered some background papers using the color scheme from the cake rub-on as my focal point.

I love the way her hand is positioned here, it leaves you open to add something to it like the wand I wanted her to hold. That idea came to me because of the little stars that come with this set. I chose the largest one and a coordinating color from the cake to stamp it with some Quick Quotes Powder Puff Very Berry ink color.

Then the fun part! Coloring in the image. I used an Inktense pencil and my waterbrush for her skin, Paper Smooches in Kiwi for her dress, the same pink ink pad that I used for the pink stars was also used to color in her hair, I just used my waterbrush to pick up the color and transfer it to her hair. I used a Sakura Gelly roll to color in her wings and added a dot of it in her eyes to make them sparkle too. 

Thank you for stopping by today!