Monday, May 4, 2015

Butterfly Mother's Day Card



Hi there, Chris here today and I am sharing this Mother's Day card that is perfect for all those moms who love to garden. I was so excited to get a  new box from Sin City Stamps and  a box of goodies from ColourArte to try out that I just had to use them together!

My Supply List
Sin City Stamps Anime Fairies 2
Sin City Stamps Mask - Butterfly 3 
Sin City Stamps Stencil Pattern 2 
ColourArte -Radiant Gels - Indian Copper
ColourArte - Twinkling H2Os - Playful Peony, Iridescent Blue
Ranger - Multi-gloss Medium
Ranger - Distress Inks - Tea Dye, Black Soot, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
Tsukineko - Memento Ink- Tuxedo Black
Simple Stories paper
Recollections- banners
Baker's Twine -  Doodlebug
Dictionary Page



To start off my card I traced the butterfly mask onto my paper and then fussy cut out the butterfly. I then used my Radiant Gels over the mask.  I love how the Radiant Gels shimmered and created some dimension on the wings.



I set my buttefly aside to let it dry and ripped a page out of a dictionary.  Now I must confess that the book lover in me had a terribly hard time thinking of  tearing a page out of a book, so I picked up a cheap dictionary at the local dollar store.  I used  on of the mini flowers from the Anime Fairies 2 Stamp set and stamps lots of mini flowers with the Memento Ink all over the page. 


I then took out my new Twinkling H2Os and added a few drops of water to activate them.  Once they were ready to go I painted the inside of all the flowers with  the iridescent blue and then used  the Playful Peony to fill in the remainder of the flower. 

I then sealed each flower with just a dab of the Gloss medium to insure the flowers wouldn't lose there color in the next step.  I then inked the background using the Pattern 2 Stencil and distress inks, layering peeled paint over the mowed lawn. 



Once I had the colors to my liking I sealed over the distress inks with gloss medium. I then trimmed and matted the dictionary page to fit my card.  I added the banners and some baker's twine for the greeting. 


 I then returned to my butterfly and first applied the black soot distress ink an then the tea dye ink over the entire burtterfly.



I then used a towel to wipe the excess ink off the areas that had been previously painted.  The wiped right off the Radiant Gels and left the wings shining!


I then attached my butterfly to my card.  I just love how the butterfly shines.