Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Garden Sign

Flowers, I love them! How about you?
 Are you out enjoying the sunshine and feeling the grass between your toes? How about decorating that garden with a beautiful sign decorated with stamps? Yep, stamps aren't just for paper products, they can be used for outdoor projects too!

First I started with a scrap piece of board that I painted with Deco Art's Chalky paint.

Then I created a border around my sign using a black Sharpie.


Next, I used Terri Sproul's Plate of Rubber Stamps "Leaves" to create a background with some green ink, randomly stamping a 3 leaf pattern.

You can also use your stamps as a guide and paint them in like I did with the 2 accent leaves that are on the sides of the quote.

The last thing I did was to attach my sign to the stake after a coat of varnish to make sure it was properly sealed.

Thanks for stopping by!