Monday, June 15, 2015

Father's Day Classic


Hi!  Chris here today sharing this classic Father's Day Card that was super fun and yet easy to whip up in a short amount of time.  I started with these supplies:

Sin City Stamps: Classic Spark; Terri Sproul Alphabet Set 
Pacon: Multi Media paper
Cardstock
ColourArte: Radiant Gels -Copper Pearls (altho link shows the color looking more coppery-  my jar looks more pearly)
ColourArte Twinkling H2Os - Mandarin Citrine, Iridescent Blue
Ink- Ranger Archival Jet Black, Ranger Tim Holtz Cracked Pistachio, StazOn Jet Black
Distress Marker - Squeezed Lemonade

To start out I painted my background using the ColourArte Radiant Gels on my Multi Media paper
After the was dry, I stamped the over the paint with my StazOn and my background stamp from the Classic Spark Collection. I love how it kind of reminded me of a 50's diner floor!  Perfect for the theme of my card!


I then matted that background piece onto black cardstock to fit my card.

Before I got too far along I stamped the inside of my card and then stamped and matted my greeting. 

I then stamped the car image again on my Multi Media paper using the Ranger Archival Ink.  I then proceeded to "color" in my image.  I used the Cracked Pistachio on the car body by stamping my ink pad onto by craft sheet and picking up the ink with my water brush.  
I have to admit that at first I stamped with my Memento Ink pad, forgetting I was using water.  In the first image you can see the ink bleed into my color , the second image uses the Archival ink.  

I added the Iridescent Blue Twinkling H2Os to any parts of the car that would be chrome or white walled.  I added the Squeezed Lemonade Distress Marker to the headlights and then a touch of the Mandarin Citrine for a bit of extra shine.   I then fussy cut out my car and added it to the front of my card. 

I then stamped DAD using the Terri Sproul Alphabet onto my MultiMedia paper and matted that onto black cardstock.  


Hope you enjoyed my project!








3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful, Chris. Love this card for Father's Day, or any day you need a good one for the guys!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you!