Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Leaf Sympathy Card

 Hi everyone, today I made a sympathy card using Terri Sproul's Leaves along with a sheet of handmade paper and some Tombow markers.  


I began by inking the stamp with 3 different colors of markers and just before stamping the image I spritzed it with some water.

I really like how the handmade paper soaks up the water and ink colors. Almost making it look like a water colored image.

I decided to sharpen up the outline a bit by adding a 4th color of green before cutting the leaf out.

After I adhered the leaf and the sentiment onto my card, I thought it needed a little more pop. Since I used an analogous color theme, often found in nature and to create a serene feeling. Which is what I needed in a sympathy card, but I didn't want it to blend too much so I added some black lines around the leaf and used charcoal to give it a shadow.

I also added black lines around the mat and sentiment which I think ties it all together, but then I really like outlining almost everything, so it may just be me! lol

Thanks for visiting me today :)