Wednesday, July 15, 2015

A sparkly farewell

Sad to say that this will be my last post with Sin City, I had so much fun designing for them and I just love all their products! Today as a farewell I used the stamp from the Anime Fairies Art Rubber stamps and Plate of Rubber Time stamps to create my mischievous sparkly sprite card.

I knew I was going to use my ColourArte Twinkling H20's to color the wings in so first I dampened a scrap piece of watercolor paper and then spread the H20's out with a paint brush. Then I squirted some water onto the paper to really allow them to blend together. Before the paper dried and I splattered the colors on top letting them blossom and create a delicious tie-dye look.

Once the paper dries, you can really see the sparkle!

Then I stamped the wings and cut them out. I did leave off all the fanciful swirls the wings had, but there was no way was I even going to try and cut them out. I also stamped 2 sets of each wing so I could double them up.

Next I stamped the clock and the fairy leaving off parts so that I could create the look of her draping herself over the clock and again, used the same colors to embellish the images and added the Radiant Gel for her hair. Adding a small rhinestone in the center of the clocks face to complete the sparkle theme.

Then it was just a matter a layering everything and gluing it down.

I look forward to keeping in touch with the Sin City Design Team members and all their fabulous creations!