Monday, July 6, 2015

A Visit to the Sea Lab


Hi Chris here and today I am sharing this layout featuring my son at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab.  I had so much fun stamping this layout!  This layout uses loads of stamps! Here is my complete supply list:

ColourArte: Radiant Gels-- Indian Copper 
Core'dinations :Cardstock (White Wash Picket Fence), Sanding block and dust buddy
PACON- Multi Media Paper
Inks: Tsukineko Memento (Tuxedo Black and London Fog). Note you may want to substitute Jet Black Archival Ink for the Memento Tuxedo Black as this project does use some watercolor techniques.  I worked fast so my ink did not really bleed.
Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Pumice Stone, Abandoned Coral
Distress Markers: Frayed Burlap, Tea Dye
Graphic 45 Papers
Crop-a-dile hole punch
Paper Studio Banner Punch
Spectrum Noir #EB8
Water Brush
Jute
Eyelets

I started by placing my Sin City Stencil under my Core'dinations Cardstock and sanding in multiple location on my background.  


In the space left over I stamped the Sequence Waste Stamp repeatedly, overlapping the stamped images to mimic a fish net look. I used a torn piece of paper to mask off the parts I didn't want stamped.  This created a subtle texture over my background. 

I then cut a frame from patterned paper and added it over my background page.

I decided that the frame was too plain so I punched holes in the frame and threaded jute through the holes and added a bow at the top of my layout. 


I then stamped the ship on Multi Media paper and added it to the top right corner of my layout.


I added my matted photos and a banner across the upper left corner. 
                                                 
I then stamped lots of sea images onto Multi Media paper.  For the Diving Helmet I painted over the image with the Radiant Gels. The other images except for the shell were painted with Twinkling H2Os.


For the Sea Shells I used my Distress Markers and drew an ink line along the outer edge and then use my water brush to pull the ink toward the center of the shell.

I then fussy cut all the images  and added them as accents throughout the layout.  
                                  
I stamped my title on to my hand made tags and added them to my layout. 

Here is the finished project!