Monday, July 20, 2015

Love Anniversary Card



Hi!  Chris here sharing this sweet LOVE card.  I LOVE that this card mixes 3 different stamp sets and yet they all look like they belong together!  So let us get started.

Supplies:
Sin City Stamps: Art Journaling 2 (script, love)
                          Natural Beauty (flower)
                          Classic Spark (diamond background)
Paper: Pacon MultiMedia Paper
          Core'dinations Cardstock
Ink: Ranger -  Archival (Jet Black)
                  - Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Old paper, Spiced Marmalade, Rusty Hinge
                  - Tim Holtz Distress Markers - Shabby Shutters, Black Soot, Tea Dye, Iced Spruce,     Wild Honey
Water Brush
Ribbon -  Ranger Tim Holtz Crinkle Ribbon

To start off I stamped my background piece using the Script stamps from the Art Journaling 2 collection and the Old Paper Distress Ink.  The stamp wasn't quite large enough for my background piece so I just overlapped the stamping on the edges.

I then stamped the script using the Classic Spark Diamond background using my Jet Black Archival Ink.  I then matted the stamped background onto black cardstock and set it aside. (sorry I did not take a picture at this stage)

My next stamp was to stamp this amazing flower from the Natural Beauty collection using Archival Ink.  Make sure you use a waterproof ink at this step since we will be coloring this in with a water brush.

I started by coloring in the leaves using the Shabby Shutters Distress marker (see the picture on the left side) I then added some depth to my coloring by adding a darker marker - the Iced Spruce Marker. I gently brushed over the coloring with a water brush to help bend the inks a bit.

 For the Flower I started by coloring in the center with my Tea Dye marker. I then added  some touches of Wild Honey Marker to the flower.  I then stamped my Spiced Marmalade and Rusty Hinge ink pads onto my Craft sheet.


I used my water brush to pick up those colors and shading to my flower. You can see the shading below.




I then matted my completed flower onto card stock and added it to my background piece. 

To create the matching ribbon I started by adding some water to my leftover ink on my Kraft sheet and mixing it all together. 



I then spritzed my white crinkle ribbon with water and then swirled it around in the ink.


This is what my ribbon looked like after dying!  And since I used the same colors I used for stamping it coordinated perfectly!



To add my sentiment I used the Things I Love stamp from the Art Journaling 2 Collection.  Since I only needed the LOVE portion of the stamp I used my Black Soot Distress marker to ink only that word .  


I then matted my sentiment and attached it and the ribbon to my card!  I hope you enjoyed my project and decide to give at least one of the techniques a try!