Monday, November 16, 2015

Twas the Night Before Christmas


Hi Chris here and I am sharing this Christmas Eve layout I created using Sin City Stamps! To get started I used the following supplies:

Sin City Stamps: Winter Wonderland - sleigh, small snowflake
                          Peg Round Christmas
                          Tiny Numbers for ATC 
Vellum
Patterned paper-Crate Paper
Cardstock
Ink- Staz-on, Ranger Archival (Jet Black, Red Geranium)
Tim Holtz Distress Markers-Ripe Persimmon, Squeezed lemonade, Fossilized Amber, Pine Needles, Iced Spruce, Festive Berries, Ground Espresso
Spectrum Noir Markers- TN3, TN5, DR3, PP5, CT3, TB3, JG1


I started out by first stamping the sleigh from Winter Wonderland onto vellum with Staz-on Ink.


I then fussy cut out my stamped image.


I then turned my image onto the back side and began coloring the image with my Spectrum Noir markers, I used TN3 and TN5 on the reindeer, and then  DR3 on Santa. I then used PP5, CT3, TB3, and JG1 to color the toys. Here is the result.

I then took the large candle banner from Peg Round Christmas.  This is a huge stamp, I angeled the stamp on my block for a better fit. 

After stamping my image I colored my image with the Distress Markers.

I then hand wrote my title

I then started on my layout by matting my background papers onto cardstock.  I choose bold papers to match the kids jammies. I then added a large red block to the background.

I then added a large circle cut from patterened paper.

 I then decided to add some small snowflakes to the red block for visual interest.

I then added my photos and then added the stamped sleigh at the top of my photos and the stamped title to the bottom of my layout.  I stamped the year on the bottom of the red block. 
 I hope you enjoyed this layout!.